Thursday, December 3, 2015

Day 3 - Eggs and Bacon



Perhaps still simplistic, but finally some food that looks as good as it tastes!

 I wish the kitchen at my apartment was as spacious as the one at my parents' house.

The prompt: Make a breakfast based on a friend's favorite ingredient. A friend who particularly enjoys cooking provided me with eggs.


The thought process: Not much of a thought process behind this one—the friend in question suggested I use paprika and brie to flavor the eggs, and had I remembered the brie, I’m sure it would have tasted even better. The bacon was an added side because I just wanted all sorts of breakfast food at that point. I have been feeling a bit under the weather and eggs and bacon, while not necessarily the best solution physically, made me fairly content with my morning.

Self-reflection: This was easy! I know how to make scrambled eggs and I have fun with it, and the bacon had instructions on the package. Although I had to ask people around me (at this point, my parents) questions to make certain of things a bit too much. Frequent second-guessing is not a healthy habit in the kitchen.

Quote to sum up the cooking process: “With finals coming up, here's some eggsellent advice. Don't crack under pressure you're going to do fine!” (This is from a twitter dedicated to egg puns.)

No comments:

Post a Comment